The Bailey Lives

Loving Life

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I'm Not Ready for This

The other night Alexa and I got to spend some time together. The twins were with us, but they were good little two year olds. Anyway, we went to a sandwich shop and then walked around. Before we went to eat we strolled by TJMaxx. I asked Alexa if she wanted to pop in and browse. She was up for it. Alexa has always loved clothes, but was content to let me pick them out. (I kind of have an obsession with kids' clothing, but that is a separate post:)

In the past little while she has gotten a little more opinionated, but not much. This night she started to really look and she brought something to me. The best part of this particular outfit was that the necklace was attached so she would always be properly accessorized. She tried the dress on and to my amazement it was pretty cute. When I told her we could buy it I thought she was going to explode from excitement. she had actually picked something cute! She couldn't wait to wear it the next day.

As I was putting the dress back on the hanger I couldn't help but notice the label. This particular company selling this dress was called b-tween. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. Here I am with my "baby" and she is wearing clothing for a tween. She is still such a little girl, but as my brother likes to point out, she has been with me for 9 years and I only get 9 more. I almost started bawling right there in the TJMaxx.

When she put the dress on the next day and also asked if she could do her own hair I realized that she is not my baby anymore, she is b-tween, but maybe just maybe the next 9 years will bring as much joy as the first 9.



My little tween, I love this girl so much!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love that girl too! Thanks for a great post.

melba said...

Oh, my gosh, what a beautiful girl in a darling dress. The two of you were building happy memories. Hope you continue to have lots of them.

Love to all,
Nana