The Bailey Lives

Loving Life

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Year of Sickness

It all began around Halloween. Dallin threw up almost every week. Then around Thanksgiving I got it. We were well for Christmas but that didn't last long. We have all thrown up. There have been more fevers than I can count. The twins have had more diarrhea than I care to remember. We've had strep, scary high fevers, sinus infections and even trips to the ER for beads up the nose.

I know it seems like a lot, but I guess that is what you get when you have so many little kids walking around your house. The twins eat things off the floor and stick their fingers in their mouths after playing in the toilet. Dallin is less than stellar at always washing his hands, way less than stellar. I was surprised when Alexa went down this week with strep though. She is almost OCD when it comes to handwashing, but even she couldn't escape it.

It hasn't been all bad though. I got to spend some one on one time with Dallin last week and Alexa this week. When Dallin was finally feeling better I took him to get some ice cream and Alexa and I made some cards this afternoon. I do want some health in our house though. So, hopefully Spring will finally come to this part of the country and we can get out of our house of sickness and into the fresh air.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Being sick is the worst, especially when you just pass it back and forth. Remember freshman year when you were super sick and I called your mom because I didn't know what to do. What did I think she could do exactly? Oh, the things we learn, right? Hope everyone gets healthy!

melba said...

Wow, I hope things have taken a change for the better. That can make a mother truly long for spring. We have gotten 2-1/2 inches of snow today. I hope it misses you and yours.
Love, Nana