The Bailey Lives

Loving Life

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What Happened That Year?

Well, it has been a long time since I wrote anything. I almost didn't even remember how to sign in. Last night as Jeff and I were talking I told him that I didn't feel the need to blog right now. I had rationalized and felt that I was actually telling the truth. You see, I thought, I am busy, I have four little kids, a house, a calling, a busy husband blah blah blah. I just thought I didn't need another thing to worry about. It wasn't that important.

Until this morning as I was sweeping the floor and thought to myself. What did we do Christmas 2006? I racked my brain and could not for the life of me remember that Christmas. I didn't know if we had traveled or not and what the kids looked like that year. I didn't know how I had felt or what activities we had done. I could have found pictures somewhere, but I just looked back in the archives of my blog and I found everything. Cute pictures of the kids, stories of what we did, accounts of people we saw. It all came flooding back to me. I looked back at a friends' blog last night who told me about a picture of me holding her newborn in the hospital. I said, I don't think I have seen that picture and she told me to look on her blog. I went back to 2008 on her blog and sure enough there was that picture. I guess it is not the blog that is important but my thoughts that are.

I read through some of my posts this morning and saw that I don't know how to write eloquent poetry like so many out there. I sometimes laugh at how lame I sound sometimes. But, I do like to think about what our lives were like then and it makes me happy. So, I am back. I may not have the best pictures or the funniest stories but at least I will remember what we did for Christmas.

6 comments:

Jennifer Woodbury said...

So glad to see you blogging again! :)

Sherrie Martineau said...

I check quite often to see if there's news from one of my favorite families, so I'm happy when you post. It can be anything at all, no eloquence required! btw we loved getting your Christmas card! we love and miss you guys :)

Jolley's said...

hooray!

Autumn said...

I don't think you're lame and I miss you and can't wait to hear all about life with those four cuties.

buddens said...

this is great. i so need to do the same. i loooove my old blog posts and wish i had done more over the past 2 years. the problem is i always get sucked in and spend way too long so i need to find a regular schedule for blogging that makes me feel excited about doing it and like i'm not wasting my time, but also prevents me from spending too much time doing it. after all, the blog is there to document the life that's happening and in the past, i've spent too much time documenting and not enough time living! oy!

emily snyder said...

love it! i am pretty sure that is and should be the whole point of all this blogging stuff!

that is the reason melissa keeps up with her blog - it's her family history. period. no pressure other than wanting to capture the moments of life.